Due to COVID-19 Vacation Bible School is cancelled for 2020. We look forward to resuming VBS summer of 2021.
Come celebrate the Chinese New Year at Salem! At our last Chinese New Year on January 25, 2020, we enjoyed a traditional Chinese New Year’s Eve Reunion meal, crafts, activities, and a countdown to the new year! Many attendees wore the “festive” color red.
Watch for information about Chinese New Year 2021!
In middle and high school, teens experience a new level of personal freedom combined with increased levels of peer pressure. Our teen/youth group provides an environment where they can talk about real issues that go on during this phase, connect with other teens who are experiencing the same things, and be mobilized to make a difference in the world.
“Therefore honor God with your body” (1 Corinthians 6:20)
Our "Salem Rec" groups consist of a run club, summer 2-on-2 basketball at a Woodbury park, and a winter basketball team. Other sports and activities are added based on interest.
Run club details include:
- When: Suspended until Spring 2020 due to winter and evening darkness!
- Where: Salem Lutheran of Woodbury
- Who: EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
- What: A FUN run/walk club. We go for a run and/or walk and finish with some stretching and core exercise. All levels are welcome!
Salem members and friends connect with our neighbors and community by participating in the Woodbury Days Grand Parade. Our team of about 30 participants walks the two-mile route to meet new people, hand out goodies, and smile & wave to the parade-goers!
Typically held on a Saturday in early December, Salem offers "Christmas for Kids" for children ages 3 to 12.
- Christmas for Kids 2019 was held on December 7.
- Parents: drop off your children from 9 AM to noon and enjoy some free time to do holiday baking, shopping, or just relax.
- At Salem, children enjoy a variety of crafts, games, music and fun, all centered on the Christmas story.
- A light lunch is offered at noon for parents and their children.
Salem has a dedicated group of volunteers that maintain the inside and outside of our property. We could always use more help, though, if you have a hobby or talent to share.