- Hosted approximately 130 children age 3 through rising 6th graders
- Cost: $20 per child ($40 family cap)
- Fun, Bible-based activities, energizing music, games, and crafts
- Teen and adult leaders
Salem will host Vacation Bible School from June 15 through June 18, 2020. It is an energizing week for attendees, volunteers and instructors. We hope you will join us! Online registration will open in April 2020.Details from our 2019 VBS include:
Come celebrate the Chinese New Year at Salem! The event will be held on Saturday, January 25th, at 5pm. Enjoy a traditional Chinese New Year’s Eve Reunion meal, crafts, activities, and a countdown to the new year! Attendees are all encouraged to wear the “festive” color red.
Please email or call Melanie Achey (708-937-3071) if you have any questions.
Online reservations are required and requested by Friday, January 17, 2020.
In middle and high school, teens experience a new level of personal freedom combined with increased levels of peer pressure. Our teen/youth group provides an environment where they can talk about real issues that go on during this phase, connect with other teens who are experiencing the same things, and be mobilized to make a difference in the world.
“Therefore honor God with your body” (1 Corinthians 6:20)
Our "Salem Rec" groups consist of a run club, summer 2-on-2 basketball at a Woodbury park, and a winter basketball team. Other sports and activities are added based on interest.
Run club details include:
- When: Suspended until Spring 2020 due to winter and evening darkness!
- Where: Salem Lutheran of Woodbury
- Who: EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
- What: A FUN run/walk club. We go for a run and/or walk and finish with some stretching and core exercise. All levels are welcome!
Got kids? Want some freetime to yourself?
Salem periodically holds "Parents' Night Out" to allow parents to enjoy some time together, go on a date, run errands, go shopping, or just do whatever you want to for a couple hours.
- Open to children ages 3 through 10 (must be toilet-trained)
- Activities include crafts and games
- Pizza, fruit, and lemonade are typically served.
- This service is offered free of charge, but freewill donations are accepted to benefit Salem programs (i.e. Preschool, Teen Group).
Salem members and friends connect with our neighbors and community by participating in the Woodbury Days Grand Parade. Our team of 30 walks the two-mile route to meet new people, hand out goodies, and smile & wave to the parade-goers!
Typically held on a Saturday in early December, Salem offers "Christmas for Kids" for children ages 3 to 12.
- Christmas for Kids 2019 was held on December 7.
- Parents: drop off your children from 9 AM to noon and enjoy some free time to do holiday baking, shopping, or just relax.
- At Salem, children enjoy a variety of crafts, games, music and fun, all centered on the Christmas story.
- A light lunch is offered at noon for parents and their children.
Salem has a dedicated group of volunteers that maintain the inside and outside of our property. We could always use more help, though, if you have a hobby or talent to share.