1. Does a person have to be a member of Salem to participate in “Salem Connect”?
No. Salem Connect is open to anyone.
2. Are these Bible studies led by the pastor, or by someone else?
The Bible studies may be led by the pastor, but generally are not. Those who facilitate discussion are qualified to do so, and all Salem Connect groups fall under the oversight of the pastor and elected leaders. Questions may arise that the group facilitator directs to the pastor for follow-up.
3. Is there a limit to the number of participants in the various groups?
Depends. For Connect Men and Connect Women, there is a limit of 12 participants, to accomodate a small group setting. Connect Seniors is not limited.
4. Do I need to register to participate?
Yes! Please register to reserve your spot, especially for Connect Men and Connect Women, since these groups are limited to 12 participants. Registration is open prior to each session (fall, winter, etc.).
5. How do I register?
Register online (links below), or look for a signup sheet at church.
6. How much does it cost?
Depending on the study, a book may be necessary to purchase.
7. Who provides the food when that is part of the gathering?
Participants of each group are invited to take a turn providing food if that is part of the gathering.